The church is part of the impressive building of the French Boarding School for Girls on Ivan Vazov Blvd. It was built in 1918 according to the design of two architects – the Italian Ricardo Toscani and Svetoslav Slavov. The first priest – Father Grigoriy, together with the French Consul, provided the funds for the construction. The building is in the Neo-catholic style, with strict proportions between the decorative architectural details. Since 1960’s the building has been used as a hospital.