Alexander Georgiev - Kodzhakafaliata is the largest donor to the city of Burgas, called by many "the father of Burgas". He was born in 1830 in the village of Dulgeria (today Zidarovo), Burgas region.
He remained an orphan at the age of 5, and at the age of 10 he is already working as an apprentice in Sozopol. At the age of 18, he moved to Burgas and, with his cousin Yancho, rented a shop near the port. For 50 years, he has earned over 1,000 acres of land, 7 shops, many houses, inns and more, and has become a great merchant and benefactor, donating large sums of money to the poor and orphans.
Kodzhakafaliata donates yards for houses to more than 600 families. He also donates many houses, shops, inns to churches, schools, hospitals and charities.
Today, two thirds of the central city part of Burgas, almost the entire Seaside Park, the complexes "Br.Miladinovi", "Lazur", "Zornitsa" and almost 90 out of 100 of the buildings in the North industrial zone are located on the lands of Alexander Georgiev - Kodzhakafaliata.
Anyone who wants to bow to the memory of this worthy man who dedicated his life to the poor and needy can do so by going to his bas-relief on "Pop Gruyo" Street.