The church is in the city centre, just metres away from the Municipal Hall, immediately behind Hotel “Bulgaria”.
The Armenian Disciple and Orthodox Church “Surb Khach” (from Armenian – Holy Cross) was built in 1673. The church day is on Cross Day. The building is a simple nave-only construction and has the main features of the Armenian church architecture. The church has been reconstructed numerous times; a bell tower was added at a later stage and the facades are tiled. The church is one of the oldest and most beautiful buildings in Burgas and is pronounced a monument of culture. It’s visited by many local citizens and tourists. There are many sources which say that General Lermontov himself was present in the church in 1989, at a service commemorating the Bulgarian Liberation.