Bulgarian foundation Biodiversity (BFB) and Regional Inspectorate of Education to the Ministry of Education and Science - Burgas will encourage students to present in the most attractive way the lagoon of Atanasovsko Lake, in order to avoid the boring or hard to understand information.
"We hope through this competition to receive good ideas how to present the lake easily and at the same time interesting - the way the students will want to visit it. We expect the youthful vision of the kids, with its boldness and imagination, to make guests of the lagoon have fun while learning and learn while having fun, to play, create and dream", said from project "Salt of life", LIFE+, who are the organizers.
The competition is in the following categories:
1. A guide in the lagoon - the participants must offer short information, with which to entertain/educate groups of students and show what is needed to be a good guide (interpreter), what is the most interesting way to present the biodiversity and salt extraction.
2. Multimedia presentation - this is the easiest and most accessible category, so to have the chance to impress the jury and the public, the participants need to present something really unique and captivation to the people who are not familiar with Atanasovsko Lake.
3. Internet app - part of a web site, entertaining online game or something else, related to the Atanasovsko Lake or some of its residents - plant, bird and etc., which will grab the attention of young and old.
4. Art performance - an idea for a show, song, event, art installation, dance, painting, game, through which to interpret the nature of the lake
5. Design for a hard copy publication - a pocket guide, an attractive tourist map or other, which will be interesting for students
The competition is directed at schools in the Burgas region and is meant for students from two age ranges: 1st - students from 6th to 8th grade; 2nd - students from 9th-12th grade.
The students, who want to sing up, need to present a resume of their ideas until the 17th of April 2015. Until the 20th the participants in the final round will be decided and notified. The final round is at 25.04.2015 in hall "G. Baev" in Cultural center "Sea casino" - Burgas. At the event the best ideas will be presented in front of a big audience and will be graded by a jury. There will be lots of prizes, and the works of all the participants who reached the final round will be published on the web site of project "Salt of life" www.saltoflife.biodiversity.bg